Yet Another Step Along The Way

Some time back before Christmas, Carina had emailed the official contract to Aleks and I to be signed and returned to them.

From London to Pennsylvania took roughly one month. The editor was stressing out a little bit, trying to figure out if we were just being spastic. Under normal circumstances, the transit shouldn't take more than a week.
Under normal circumstances, it doesn't.
But holiday glut, and less than optimal weather on both sides of the Atlantic put a substantial crimp in the travel time.
All's well that ends well, though, and yesterday I received an email notification that the release date was officially set for August 15th, which means they've received and countersigned the contract. I expect I'll receive my copy some time in the next week or so.

In the meantime, we're still hammering away on the second round edits, which are demanding a heavy rewrite to the final couple chapters of the book. I'm confident that it'll be done long before deadline, but I am reluctant to send it back too early. Would rather sit on it and give the last few chapters a final read-through. That's the incessant editor in me talking, though.

I haven't reached that point, just yet, where I'm sick of looking at it and just want to slam my head into the desk until the oak is saturated with blood. I do expect, however, that this point is swiftly approaching... *lol*

Our editor is a good one, though. Very thorough, with a talented eye for strengthening plot and character development. She's also quite adept at communicating what it is she's looking for. And a good editor is a blessing, to say the least. She's helped us polish the entire book to a high-gloss, showroom shine.

And I've got my fingers crossed that we won't have to change the name. I've grown attached to it in a way I can't describe. Like... at this point, no matter what the book's published name ends up being, it will always be Father of All Things to me.
In more ways than one.

Comments

Post a Comment

Anonymous commenting is enabled. However, I reserve the right to censor content that is not civil and respectful. Discussions are welcome and encouraged. Attacking is not.